Welcome to Manitoba Cabin!
Dinner time at Manitoba Cabin. Photo: Alaska Huts/Kevin Turinsky
Open now! Learn more...
In the News
- Knitters Unite to Create Hats for Huts
Creative Alaska knitters are curled up in a puddle of spring sunshine right now knitting stylish hats, and the finished hats will be available for viewing and bidding at the
May 10, 2013 annual meeting and slide show.
You are invited to knit a hat to donate, and you are invited to a hat-knitting weekend at Manitoba Cabin (April 26-27, space limited)!
- Be a "Cabin Creator"! Sponsor a Cabin "Part"!
Financial Help Needed Now to Finish the Hut Project.
Volunteers worked hard over the summer, putting in hundreds of hours. Now we need cash to finish this thing. Read more about ways to help...
- Wish List. Help us outfit the hut.
Alaska Huts seeks donations of new or gently used household items that are sturdy and will hold up well.
- Alaska Huts Signs Planning Permit for Grandview Hut System
Alaska Huts President Joan Travostino signed a preliminary planning permit in September 2012 for a proposed hut-to-hut project on Chugach National Forest. Read more...
- National Heritage Area Funds Manitoba Cabin
The new Kenai Mountains - Turnagain Arm National Heritage Area granted Alaska Huts $10,000 in May for renovation of Manitoba Cabin. Read more...
Manitoba Cabin on a sunny morning
- To include Alaska's back country in a worldwide tradition of places in which hikers and skiers can travel hut-to-hut.
- To provide warm comfortable huts in inspiring settings that foster camaraderie and promote wilderness education and stewardship.