Welcome to Manitoba Cabin!
Dinner time at Manitoba Cabin. Photo: Alaska Huts/Kevin Turinsky
Open now! Learn more...
In the News
- Online Reservations Now Available
Alaska Huts reservations are now on-line. We will be getting used to to the new system from late summer into the winter and seek your feedback on how it is working for you. Thank you for your patience during this time. If you run into any serious problem, please contact Katie, our Outreach Coordinator, at 907-274-0704.
- Be a "Cabin Creator"! Sponsor a Cabin "Part"!
Financial Help Needed Now to Finish the Hut Project.
Volunteers worked hard over the summer, putting in hundreds of hours. Now we need cash to finish this thing. Read more about ways to help...
- Alaska Huts Signs Planning Permit for Grandview Hut System
Alaska Huts President Joan Travostino signed a preliminary planning permit in September 2012 for a proposed hut-to-hut project on Chugach National Forest. Read more...
- National Heritage Area Funds Manitoba Cabin
The new Kenai Mountains - Turnagain Arm National Heritage Area granted Alaska Huts $10,000 in May for renovation of Manitoba Cabin. Read more...
Manitoba Cabin on a sunny morning
- To include Alaska's back country in a worldwide tradition of places in which hikers and skiers can travel hut-to-hut.
- To provide warm comfortable huts in inspiring settings that foster camaraderie and promote wilderness education and stewardship.